Senior Software Developer (Re – Advertised) at IPA Rwanda: (Deadline 2 February 2024).
Senior Software Developer (Re – Advertised) at IPA Rwanda: (Deadline 2 February 2024)
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), Rwanda Office
- Position: Senior Software Developer
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Deadline to apply: 5 PM 2nd February 2024
- Length of Commitment: 6 months to 1 year
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Reports to: Senior Research and Policy Manager or delegate
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA has been engaging with Rwanda’s Ministry of Education and Rwanda Education Board since 2013, a collaborative partnership underpinned by a Memorandum of Understanding.
Through the technical assistance to the Ministry of Education on data for decision making components, we are seeking a highly skilled Senior Software Developer to design and implement functional software solutions. Collaborating with upper management, you will play a key role in defining software requirements and assuming leadership of operational and technical projects.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work autonomously with minimal supervision, leveraging your exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities. A strong background in software development and familiarity with working in a team agile are essential. Your primary objective will be to develop high-quality software solutions that meet user needs and align with the organization’s business goals. This will involve analyzing requirements, designing robust architectures, writing efficient code, and conducting thorough testing.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will have the responsibility to drive projects forward, mentor team members, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
Roles and responsibilities
- Directing software development projects
- Producing, testing and debugging code
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and partners to fix and improve products.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ensure software is up to date with the latest technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields, such as Software engineering and computer science and other related field;
- Up to five years’ experience working as a full stack software developer and having worked on the Management Information Systems with the government agencies or international organizations;
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of selected programming languages and frameworks (e.g. java, Java script/ Node JS, React JS)
- In-depth knowledge of relational database management systems (e.g. PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently.
- Capable of organizing and facilitating training on information and data management systems and the use of ICT.
- Knowledge of the Rwandan Education system is an asset.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English is required.
- Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse constituencies required; developing country experience required.
- Flexible and proactive work ethic with a demonstrated interest in the vision and mission of IPA.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to work with donors and/or partner organizations.
- An analytical mind, ability to interpret and organize data.
How to apply
All applicants must complete and submit their resume and cover letter to the link indicated below: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/ipa_senior_software_developer_job_application_form.