MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING OFFICER
RECRUITMENT NOTICE No 1/LAF/24
The Legal Aid Forum (LAF) is a national civil society network of legal aid service providers, comprising of 38 Organisations. Our membership ranges from national and international NGOs, trade unions, faith-based associations and professional bodies to University legal aid clinics, all working towards improving access to justice, legal aid and Human rights promotion in Rwanda.
In order to effectively accomplish its mission and vision, the Legal Aid Forum is accepting applications from qualified and skilled individuals to fill the following vacant positions within its Secretariat:
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning Officer
The Monitoring, Evaluation And Learning ( MEAL) Officer is responsible for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning of LAF activities across all projects, ensuring high quality and timely inputs. He/She works closely together and reports directly to the ED.
His/her responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Advising LAF Secretariat and Members on issues related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning;
- Collecting data on legal aid services among LAF Members and from other legal aid providers, analyse them and compile a report;
- Setting up the MEAL system and ensuring that it is implemented effectively by LAF;
- Guiding the overall MEAL strategy and its implementation within LAF;
- Organising field visits of LAF Projects and initiatives and report as appropriate;
- Leading the monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities of all LAF Projects;
- Making an analysis of the implications of MEAL data on LAF activities;
- Organising learning sessions from the projects impact;
- Organising workshops on “lessons learnt” for LAF Members;
- Documenting success stories & best practices resulted from projects interventions;
- Developing a capacity building plan on MEAL for LAF Members ;
- Organising trainings involving LAF Members in the MEAL activities to promote participatory planning, especially those implementing projects funded by LAF;
- Participating in feedback sessions organised by LAF Secretariat to Member Organisations implementing projects funded by LAF;
- Assisting in projects design and formulation as well as in fundraising initiatives;
- Assisting the Programs Manager in project coordination and project reports.
- A University degree ( At least Bachelor’s) in relevant fields such as Statistics, project management, anthropology, sociology, Human rights, education, etc.
- 5 years’ professional experience working as MEL preferable in the areas of access to justice, rule of law and human rights;
- Experience working with NGOs;
- Substantial experience in Results Based Management and the theory of change;
- Experience in reporting;
- Fluent English or French, with a strong working knowledge of English and able to write reports in English;
- Proficiency in the use computer and IT tools;
- Excellent organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested Candidates should send their CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, a copy of degree(s) and relevant Certificate(s). Applications should be addressed to the Executive Director, P.O.Box 5225 at Kimihurura, KN 14 AV, KG 668 ST and submitted electronically to: email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 31 January 2024 at 5:00 pm (Kigali Time).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 10 January 2024